Monday, December 29, 2008

reflections..

2008

has been a pretty amazing year. Several 'firsts' have been made; I've learnt a lot about life and what I want to do with it; even more about myself, what I want, and the realisation that (yes, this is pure hubris) I can do anything.

I've met truckloads of people, made shitloads of new friends, found them in the most unlikely of places (and forms). I've discovered that there are some you'll want to keep forever, and there are others who just aren't worth the time and effort.

I've learnt, more than ever, to not sweat the petty stuff, nor pet the sweaty stuff. That saying what you mean and meaning what you say can be some of the most important things you ever do - not just for yourself, but also for the people around you. That, now I'm actually earning some of it, money isn't really that big a deal - it can always be made back.

I've learnt that I can't be bought (!), nor can I be sold. I guess I've become more true to myself than I ever thought I would.

I've hurt, and I've been hurt, and I've done things I'm not proud of, but I've also done things I'm proud of.

This year has truly been a turning point, a keystone sort of year. There'll be nothing quite like it. Having said that though, 2007 is like a blank slate upon which to fill with various assorted novel deeds and misdeeds, and I can't wait for (more) life to happen.

Hope it's been as good for you as it's been for me, and may 2009 be even better. To all my friends and readers I wish you joy, love, peace, wisdom, growth, experience. I wish you happy sunshine days filled with mirth and laughter, and thunder-stormy days filled with lightning and awe. I hope you'll get to spend all the time you need with all the people you love; that you'll lose the job you hate, the people who are dragging you down, all the weight you need to get back into those trousers; that you'll get the job you want, the friends you need, the holiday you're longing for, the experience of a lifetime, and a kiss from someone who means more to you than you'll ever admit.

Here goes. Headlong. With trepidation and anticipation for 2009 to arrive. Whee!!

No comments: